When WoW: Dragonflight hits the live servers in late 2022, players can expect a new class and new people who are solidly connected. The Dracthyr Caller will bolster the ranks of healers and damage dealers, building on the spells of the dragonflights. While red and blue are for damage spells, bronze and green are for healing. Black, on the other hand, is responsible for empowering certain spells with the new charging mechanic.
The division is quite clear. Red spells mostly deal area damage, blue more single target damage. The green spells are regular heals and the bronze ones play over time and heal based on previous damage taken. Additionally, the Drakthyr Caller has a number of useful talents and abilities for any occasion. What seems extremely powerful at first sight is somewhat relativized by the fact that you often have to choose between the skills due to the talent tree. The jack-of-all-trades must therefore decide whether she prefers to lay eggs and give wool – but both are possible.
Drakthyr Summoner Talents and Abilities
For a better overview, we’ve broken down the Drakthyr Caller’s abilities and talents in Dragonflight – into the Drakthyr’s racial abilities, the caller’s few base abilities, and the many skills and talents in the individual talent trees. The basic combat type is mostly based on essence points. These regenerate over time, like Death Knight runes. Some abilities cost essence points, some don’t. The second key point is empowerment. Various spells can be activated (long press on the button) which will take longer to cast but will be much more powerful. Additionally, all abilities (unless otherwise stated) only have a 25 meter range.
Drakthyr Racial Abilities
- Face: Alternate between your Drakthyr form and your humanoid form. Your face also increases your party’s out-of-combat health regeneration.
- wing shock: Flap your wings and push back the enemies in front of you. 90 second cooldown.
- Drag: Decreases your falling speed.
- tail feathers: Strikes its tail, knocking down enemies within 6 yards.
- Navigate: Launch yourself into the air and let yourself glide – like riding on a dragon. 5 minute recharge.
- Sailing Basics: While sailing, you have access to two abilities that catapult you up or forward
- Keen Eye (NYI): Increases your perception and therefore the radius in which you can follow ore deposits and herbs. Also increases the chance of rare materials when collecting.
- wake up: Increases your mastery by 2.5%.
- Family Sky (NYI): You fly 20% faster on continents you have fully explored.
- armor skills: You prefer to wear chain armor and your main stat increases by 5% if you only wear chain armor (from level 27).
- weapon skills: Axes, daggers, handguns, maces, clubs, swords.
- Azure Strike: Inflicts moderate Frost damage to two enemies.
- disintegration: Inflicts high Frost damage to a target and slows it by 30%. Channels 3 seconds and costs 3 Essence.
- breath of fire: Deals fire damage in a cone in front of you. The longer you channel this charge ability, the longer the subsequent DoT ticks.
- living flame: Inflicts moderate Fire damage to an enemy. If the target is an ally, heal them instead.
- Float: You take off from the ground and move 30% faster for 6 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
- Bronze Blessing: Reduces the cooldown of all allies’ movement skills (e.g. Dash) by 15% for 1 hour.
- emerald flower: Create a bloom at an ally’s location that heals up to three teammates in the area 2 seconds later.
- deep breath: You fly forward in a straight line, dealing immense volcanic damage to targets in your path. You are immune to control effects while flying. Two minute cooldown.
- come back: You revive a dead ally. Not usable in combat.
Caller Talent Tree Skills
The Caller talent tree gives you access to many other talents that are either their own ability or enhance existing ones.
Caller Talent Tree Skills
- landslide: Shoots boulders from the ground in a line in front of you, immobilizing targets hit for 30 seconds. Taking damage can cancel the effect. 90 second cooldown. Range of 10 to 40 meters.
- obsidian scales: Strengthens your scales and increases your armor by 200%. Magic damage taken is reduced by 20%. Lasts twelve seconds. Two minute cooldown.
- Detoxify: Rinse an ally of poison effects. Eight second cooldown.
- Rescue: Fly to an ally and heal them for a small amount. 24 second cooldown.
- cauterizing flame: Remove poisons, curses, diseases and bleed effects from an ally. Successfully removing a debuff will also heal the target slightly. 60 second cooldown.
- Repress: Interrupts the opponent, preventing them from casting spells of this school for four seconds. 40 second cooldown.
- time pressure: Your next empowered spell becomes fully empowered with no cast time. Two minute cooldown.
- somnambulism: Sleepwalks an enemy for 20 seconds, incapacitating them. Taking damage can cancel the effect. 15 second cooldown.
- Source of magic: Can be cast on a teammate. For each empowered spell used, the opponent gains 0.5% of their maximum mana per empowerment level (i.e. a maximum of 1.5%). Can only be cast on a single player.
- Regenerating Flames: Any damage you take in the next 8 seconds is then healed over 14 seconds. 90 second cooldown.
- Fly with me: Leaning on an ally, you grab it and fly with it to the target location. 60 second cooldown.
- Howl of Intimidation: Hits all enemies in the cone in front of you. On targets hit, the duration of control effects are increased by 50% for the next 10 seconds. Two minute cooldown.
- to cancel: Deals very high Spellfrost damage – but only to shields and barriers. Nine second cooldown.
- zephyr: Raises all party members into the air, reducing area damage taken by 20% for 8 seconds and increasing movement speed by 30%. Two minute cooldown.
- time spiral: All your allies can use their movement abilities for 10 seconds, even if they are currently on cooldown. Two minute cooldown.
Important Decisions in Rufer’s Talent Tree
- Crushing sweep against heavy wing flap: You reduce the cooldown of Tail Sweep or Wing Bash by 45 seconds each.
- Pyrexia against inner fire: Reduces the cooldown of Renewing Flames by 30 seconds or Renewing Flames targets receive 20% more healing.
Bonuses in the Rufer talent tree
- Penetrating cold: Blue damage spells slow the target by 50% for 3 seconds.
- natural convergence: Disintegration is cast 20% faster.
- mountain forge: Landslide’s cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds and targets can take 200% increased damage before the effect ends.
- Innate Magic (0/2): Essence Points regenerate 5/10% faster.
- Obsidian Bulwark: Obsidian Scale cooldown reduced by 60%.
- Flaming (0/2): Living Flame deals 5/10% more damage and healing.
- Scarlet Adjustment: 20% of your effective healing is stored and cast on the enemy as bonus damage the next time you use Living Flame. Up to a high maximum.
- tailwind: Hovering increases your movement speed by 70% for the first four seconds.
- recall: After Deep Breath, you can return to your original position for three seconds by using the ability again.
- howl of joy: Successfully interrupting the enemy grants you an Essence.
- Allowed (0/2): Increases your magic damage dealt by 2/4%.
- In Harmony with the Dream (0/2): Healing done and received is increased by 2/4%.
- Abundant flowering: Emerald Blossom heals two additional targets.
- Extended Flight (0/2): Hovering lasts w/4 seconds longer.
- Hardened Scales (0/2): Reduces magic damage taken by 2/4%.
- Dragon Legacy (0/2): Increases your stamina by 2/4%.
- Oven (0/2): Increases Fire Breath initial damage by 10/20%.
- exuberance: When your health is above 75%, your movement speed is increased by 10%.
- Old Flame: Healing yourself with Living Flame reduces the spell’s next cast by 4%.
- Luxuriant Growth (0/2): Green spells heal 5/10% more.
- Extended claws: Azure Strike hits another target.
- Leaping Flames: Fire Breath causes your next Living Flame to hit an additional target per enable.
- to master: Bullying Roar removes a rage effect from enemies hit. Each kill reduces the cooldown by 20 seconds.
- Sky Mastery: Hover gains a second charge.
- Twin Guardians: You and an ally are protected. Absorbs damage equal to 30% of Max Health for 5 seconds.
- air terror: Deep Breath stuns enemies hit for 3 seconds.
Continue to page 2 for Devastation Caller and Warden Caller abilities and talents.
#WoW #Dragonflight #Caller #Abilities #Talents #Ravager #Guardian