We want slender and trained legs! Because trained legs look sexy. Especially in tight shorts, dresses and pants. Grab your dumbbell and start training now. We have for you the most effective leg exercises with dumbbells.
Do you want to finally fit into your jeans and put on some shorts without feeling uncomfortable? Are you unhappy with your legs?
It’s not just you! Many women see their legs as a problem area. They feel their thighs are too big and want tight, slender legs.
They should not be too muscular, but well defined.
We transform our saggy thighs into beautifully lean, defined legs with dumbbell leg exercises. You don’t even need a gym for that. These exercises are also suitable for the living room.
And if you train regularly, you can already see success after the first few weeks.
Let’s fight sagging and thick legs!
You will find out in this post
Is it important to train the legs?
We say yes. Not only do your legs carry you through life, but as the most important muscle group in your body, they also have great training potential.
You already burn calories by walking, but this effect can be increased with targeted strength training.
Leg training creates stress in your body, which has a positive effect on the release of growth hormones.
In addition, the afterburn effect on the legs is very high, because the body has a lot to do after training to repair muscle mass. And this while you are already comfortably seated on the couch.
Because if your leg muscles are well trained, the muscles not only burn more calories directly after exercise, but also more calories overall.
With targeted leg training, you can increase your basal metabolic rate, which is great for dieting.
But that’s not all: while you train your legs, your stomach is also trained. And who doesn’t want to have a tight stomach? 🙂
So treat yourself to a toe-to-hip workout. Your legs deserve it. After all, they carry you through life.
What should I consider when doing leg exercises with dumbbells?
Dumbbell exercises are just awesome. You can use it to easily train posture, stability, back health, and important core muscles from home.
However, there are a few things you also need to consider here.
1. Choose the right weight for your dumbbell leg exercises
The right weight is the key to a successful dumbbell workout.
As a beginner, you should start with around 2-4 pounds. Depending on the exercise. Advanced users can use 5 to 8 kilo dumbbells.
How many leg sets?
As a beginner, start with two sets of each exercise. Later you can increase to three sets.
Each exercise is repeated 15 times. After the 15 reps there is a 60 second break, then the next set follows.
You’ve picked the right weight if you can still complete the last rep without making a mistake.
If the movement is no longer technically correct, use lighter dumbbells.
2. Warm up before dumbbell exercises
Never skip a warm-up. Before starting the exercises, you should definitely warm up for 5-10 minutes. It will really boost your circulation and prevent injury.
3. Pay attention to the correct execution
Check if you are doing the exercises correctly. The muscles must be kept in tension during the exercises. You shouldn’t drop the dumbbells between reps in a set.
Also, you should not fully stretch your legs at the turn. This protects the joints and the tension on the muscles is maintained.
A mirror or sparring partner, especially in the beginning, can be very helpful in monitoring execution.
Use less weight rather than messy, joint workouts.
4. Give your muscles new stimuli
Of course, training with the same weights for years is pointless. After a while, your muscles need new stimuli to progress.
If you are doing more than 15 reps at your current weight, you should increase the weight the next time you train.
You can now start again with two sets of 15 reps each.
If you can’t do less than 9 reps, you’ve added too much weight.
8 Effective Leg Exercises With Dumbbells
Enough talk! Let’s finally start training! You don’t have to do all the exercises in a single workout at once. It is enough if you start with 5 exercises of two sets each.
Goblet Squat for slender legs
- Start in an upright position with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp a dumbbell with both hands.
- Lower your butt until your legs form a 90 degree angle.
- The knees should not go past the tips of the toes. The upper body remains straight.
- Push back.
- 2 sets of 15 repetitions each.
Deadlift with Dumbbells
- Stand shoulder-width apart with the dumbbells in your hands.
- Push your butt back and lean forward in a controlled manner.
- Keep your legs straight as much as possible.
- Note: keep your back straight and your arms straight.
- get up
- Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
Train your legs with lunges
- Take a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hold them by your side with your arms outstretched.
- The starting position is a straight stance with the legs hip-width apart.
- Now you are taking a big step forward. As you do this, lower your back knee toward the floor. But don’t take it off!
- Float well 3-4 cm above the mat. 🙂 Pay attention to the front knee! Breathe calmly to keep your balance.
- Buttocks and legs are tense. And with muscle power from the heel, you push yourself back to the starting position.
Leg exercises with dumbbells: glute and hip bridges
- Lie on your back.
- Place your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees.
- Hold the dumbbell with both hands and place it on your pelvis.
- Squeeze your buttocks and lift your hips. Hold the tension here for a moment.
- Return to the starting position.
Bulgarian Split Squat
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your back to a chair or couch.
- Place the left leg on a chair/table. Don’t put it down, but put it down correctly, then you can keep your balance better.
- Take a big step forward and place your right leg on the floor a little past your crotch. The toes point forward.
- The dumbbells hang down.
- Both knees point forward and your back is straight.
- Now slowly bend the front knee.
- The leg should form a 90° angle.
- Your upper body stays straight.
- The back leg almost touches the ground during the movement.
- Then return to the starting position.
Calf raises with dumbbells
- Take two dumbbells and stand with your feet on a small rise or at the top of a step.
- Now push yourself out of your calves with full force, feet up.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times and do two sets.
Leg curls as a leg exercise with dumbbells
- Lie face down on the floor.
- Clamp a dumbbell between your feet.
- The legs are close together and almost elongated.
- The soles of your feet are pointing up and your hands are folded under your head.
- Now, slowly and in a controlled manner, bring the dumbbell up and then towards your buttocks by bending your knees.
- Make sure the dumbbell doesn’t slip off your feet and the movement only comes from your lower legs.
- The hips remain on the ground and the movement is carried out without momentum.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Stand on one leg.
- Hold the dumbbell in the hand opposite your standing leg.
- Slightly bend the knee of the standing leg.
- Lean forward until your body is parallel to the ground.
- Bring the non-standing leg behind you.
- Slowly come back and straighten up again.
Build Muscle: How Often Should You Train Your Legs?
How often and for how long you train your legs is highly dependent on your training goals and training plan.
Basically, you should do leg exercises at least once a week.
Of course, you can also increase to twice a week to properly build leg muscles.
But the same applies here: listen to your body’s signals!
If your muscles are sore and you feel flabby, give your legs a day or two before you start doing dumbbell exercises again.
Can I specifically lose fat on my legs?
Unfortunately, it is not really possible to reduce fat in certain areas. The body itself decides where to get the fat from.
If you want to lose weight on your legs, you need to do a mix of strength and endurance training.
Any exercise that strengthens muscles is considered strength exercise. You develop your endurance with running, cycling, swimming or brisk walking.
But don’t throw in the towel now! Leg exercises with dumbbells have many benefits and have a positive effect on fat loss throughout the body.
If you stimulate overall fat burning, your legs will also become slimmer.
To be able to lose weight on your legs, you need a plan: For you, this means above all fighting against excess fat deposits all over your body. It works great with endurance training or HIIT exercises.
The more calories you burn and build muscle, the sooner you’ll notice it in your legs.
It’s important that you form a habit and don’t skip your workout.
Diet also plays a big role if you want to lose weight on your legs.
You don’t need to join a gym to have lean, toned legs. You can also do leg exercises with dumbbells at home in the living room. The exercises are super effective and help you build muscle.
To continue browsing:
#Effective #Leg #Exercises #Dumbbells