If you have Hashimoto’s autoimmune disease, you may need to limit your intake of coffee, cereals, or other foods due to impaired thyroid metabolism.
Coffee is conditionally recommended at Hashimoto
In general, with the autoimmune disease of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, you need to be careful with your diet and avoid inflammatory and stomach-irritating foods. Besides coffee, this also includes wheat, alcohol, sugar and cow’s milk.
- Coffee irritates the stomach, stimulates gastric acid production and should therefore be avoided in cases of autoimmune gastritis, which may be associated with Hashimoto’s disease.
- Above all, coffee with milk and sugar is triply demanding on your body and your digestion and exhausting even without autoimmune gastritis.
- In principle, in addition to gastritis A, gluten intolerance can also occur more frequently if you have Hashimoto.
- If you can rule out gastritis A, it is quite possible to drink coffee with Hashimoto in moderation.
- However, if you then notice heartburn and stomach problems, you should ensure that your diet is gentle on the stomach and low in irritation to help your digestion.
webinar doctor Berndt Rieger
Webinar: Thyroid, Adrenal, Ovaries/Testicles: The Power of the Endocrine Glands
In the webinar, the renowned thyroid and hormone expert tells the story Dr Bernd Rieger scientifically sound and generally understandable how the thyroid gland and other endocrine glands (adrenal glands, ovaries/testicles) function and interact.
You should pay attention to this in your diet with Hashimoto
By influencing the thyroid gland and the lack of hormones with the thyroid hormone, your body has to work harder.
- It mainly affects digestion, so you can gain weight more easily with Hashimoto.
- A balanced and conscious diet often has a positive effect on the immune system.
- You may also be able to control your fatigue better because your body is working less hard on digestion.
- Intermittent fasting is very useful against weight gain because it allows the body to rest for a while and regain its balance.
- Even with liver fasting, your body takes a break and alcohol and fatty foods should be avoided with Hashimoto anyway.
#Drinking #coffee #Hashimoto #Healthy