Posted on June 5, 2023
Washington, DC - June 5, 2023 - The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) has honored outstanding individuals and organizations for their groundbreaking use of blockchain technology in solving public sector challenges. The Annual Achievement Awards, presented on May 24, 2023 in Washington, DC, celebrated this year's outstanding honorees.
- Rosemarie McClean, Executive Director, and Dino Cataldo Dell'Accio, Chief Information Officer, received the award on behalf of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF), the organization's award for a solution to digital identity that has enabled more than 23,000 retirees in 180 countries to provide proof of life, using blockchain and biometric technologies. Their innovative solution has streamlined the pension administration process, reduced errors and improved the overall customer experience.
- Pradeep Goel, CEO of Solve. Care, a blockchain healthcare company, received the Courage Award for its dedication to helping war-torn refugees in the Ukrainian conflict. Despite the personal risks and costs, his "Care Shelter" project has provided housing and meals to more than 2,500 Ukrainians displaced during the war.
- Jon Trask, CEO and Founder of Dimitra Technology, received the Social Impact Award for Dimitra's transformative work in global agriculture. Their Blockchain/AI solution fights hunger, reduces deforestation and improves crop yields. Dimitra's applications serve 16 countries and provide vital support to farmers in climate-ravaged areas.
- Mike Kanovitz, CEO of Jurat Blockchain, won the innovation award for integrating blockchain into forensic processes, equipping creators with smart contract tools, facilitating NFT exchanges and enhancing security against fraud.
- Sary Qasim, the GBA Regional Manager in the Middle East and North Africa, received the Leadership Award for his outstanding efforts in the Middle East/North Africa region, driving adoption of the Blockchain Maturity Model (BMM) and building strategic relationships.
These winners join a prestigious list of past recipients, including:
- Salvadoran President Najib Bukele for adopting Bitcoin as legal tender
- Bill Rockwood, US Congressional Senior Executive for Legislative Leadership, and
- Amelia Powers, Utah County Commissioner, for her pioneering blockchain-based voting systems.
The next GBA awards ceremony will take place in September 2023 during the Blockchain & Infrastructure Conference. The event will reward blockchain solutions assessed using the GBA's Blockchain Maturity Model (BMM) and earning the "Trusted Blockchain Solution" title.
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) is a global organization that promotes blockchain solutions to transform governments and empower citizens. It drives innovation, education, and adoption of blockchain technology in the public sector.
For more information on the upcoming Blockchain Solution Awards, please contact [email protected].
For more information on the Blockchain & Infrastructure Conference, please contact [email protected].
Source: Plato Data Intelligence
Company Name: Plato Data Intelligence
Contact person: Bryan Feinberg
E-mail: Send an email
Phone: +1551 574-2169
Address:144 E 44th Street
City: new York
State: new York
Country: UNITED STATES